Emergency contact numbers
To contact the emergency services (Fire / Police / Ambulance)
In an emergency please ring 999 or 112.
To contact the emergency services when it is not an emergency please use the numbers below:
- Greater Manchester Police: 101 or 0161 856 8229
- NHS: 0845 4647
- Greater Manchester Fire Service: 0161 909 0326/27
Contacting the Council in an emergency
Call the Emergency Duty Team on 0161 253 6606 which will take you through to the Council's 24/7 control room. They work to help a variety of people, including:
- Children, young people and families
- Child protection
- Crisis fostering and home-care support for families
- Older people
- Emergency residential care
- People with mental health difficulties, physical or sensory disabilities, learning disabilities
- People with drug, alcohol or other health related problems
- People with housing or accommodation problems
- Women fleeing domestic violence
- Asylum seekers
Whilst advice and support are generally available at all times, demands upon the Emergency Duty Team are such that work undertaken requiring visits must need urgent attention and involve situations which will not wait until the social work office reopens. Priority is given to statutory work under the Children Act and 1983 Mental Health Act.
The Emergency Duty Team can be contacted between 5.00pm - 8.45am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.
Telephone 0161 253 6606.
For repairs visit the Six Town Housing web site or telephone their emergency contact number: 0808 144 5368.
Environment Agency 24 hour flood emergency number 0845 988 1188.