Skip to main content

We're usually aware of empty properties because of our Council Tax records, but if you're concerned about a property in your area that has been left vacant, you should let us know.

When reporting an empty home, you should tell us:

  • approximately how long it's been empty for
  • any information about who owns the property
  • whether anyone visits the property
  • if there is a 'for sale' or 'to let' sign within the boundary of the property
  • if you know whether the property has been repossessed
  • anything that's wrong with the property, for example if there's an accumulation of waste or it's open for people to access.

If you know that the empty home is a Six Town Housing property, please report this directly to Six Town Housing by: