Skip to main content

Teaching jobs in Bury including supply cover

Search for teaching jobs on Job vacancies at Bury Council.

Schools also choose to advertise on Times Educational Supplement.

Are you a graduate and want to find a route into teaching as a career?

Whatever your circumstances - if you are still at school, about to graduate, or looking for a change of direction - there are more ways to enter teaching in Bury than ever before.

To become a teacher in Bury you will need to gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), this is a national standard that enables you to teach in schools across England and Wales.

There are several ways that you can train to obtain QTS. These include undergraduate, postgraduate and employment based options. Information on all routes into teaching and the support available can be found at Get into teaching - Department of Education. In Bury the School Direct route can be accessed via St. Gabriel's RC High School.

Overseas teachers and those teachers who have trained outside of England and Wales will also need to visit the Get into teaching - Department of Education for information on the requirements/qualifications needed to teach in England and Wales.

Newly qualified teachers

More details about recruitment and support are detailed within the Newly qualified teachers page.