Failure to comply with a community protection notice: Fixed penalty notice
If you have been served with a Community Protection Notice for anti-social behaviour and continue to cause anti-social behaviour you have failed to comply with the notice and committed an offence
What to do if you receive a fixed penalty notice
There is no appeal process for an environmental offence. You should pay the fine within the period specified on the fixed penalty notice.
- If you do not pay the fixed penalty in time you may be fined and prosecuted. You may also end up with a criminal record and have to pay our costs.
- If you pay the fixed penalty in time we can't prosecute you and the fixed penalty won't result in a criminal offence.
- If paid before 28 days: £100.
How to pay a fixed penalty notice
You can pay online with a debit or credit card. The fine must be paid in full and cannot be paid in instalments. You will need the following from the fixed penalty notice.
- The fixed penalty notice number (The letter E followed by a 5-digit number)
- The date the fixed penalty notice was issued