Personalisation and Support Business Team privacy notice
About this notice
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the council's primary privacy notice.
This notice provides additional privacy information for services provided by and duties carried out by the Personalisation and Support Business Team in relation to:
- Financial assessment and charging functions for funded Adult Social Care Services
- Direct payment personal budgets for customers and carers of Adult Social Care
- Corporate appointee and/or Court of Protection Deputyship for Property and Affairs for customers personal individual financial circumstances and matters
We collect and hold your personal information for the following purpose(s):
- To calculate a financial assessment to determine how much you can afford to contribute towards the package of care funded by the Council for you
- To assist you to claim any Department for Works and Pension benefits or entitlements
- To invoice and charge you for your client contribution towards the package of care you receive
- To record details of the services you receive as part of your package of care
- To process cash Direct Payments for you to arrange and manage your own package of care services
- To audit and monitor the Direct Payment account expenditure in line with your approved Support Plan
- To manage your personal finances where appointed to do so, including:
- Receiving your income into an individual bank account
- Arrange payment of your household bills
- Arrange a budget for your personal needs
- Arrange payment instalment plans of any arrears or debts
- Liaise with other Agencies and Companies on your behalf
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your date of birth
- Your income details
- Your bank and savings details
- Your next of kin and/or person to contact details
- Your National Insurance number
- Your care services provision including by type and dates
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal information is:
- The Care Act 2014
- The Care and Support Statutory Guidance
We collect and process information under Article 6 of the UK General Data Protection Regulations enabling us to deal effectively with your query, and to maintain accurate records on your behalf for the purpose of carrying out the associated duties as detailed above.
Consequences if information is not provided
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (for example, managing your personal financial affairs), or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (for example, carrying out a financial assessment contribution towards care services). We may be unable to address your query, concern or complaint or any further issues which may arise.
We have a duty to protect the public funds we administer, to prevent fraud and to ensure the information we hold is accurate. To carry out this duty we may share the information we hold about you, where the law allows it, with other sections of the Council (for example, Housing Benefit, Council Tax), other Local Authorities, the government and other agencies (for example, Department for Work and Pensions, Court of Protection, Office of The Public Guardian).
Where we do not directly provide a service, we may need to pass your personal data onto the organisations that do. For example:
- Managed account companies who may operate the Direct Payment Personal Budget
- The company issuing and operating the prepaid card accounts
- Care service providers.
These providers are under contract and have to keep your details safe and secure, and use them only to provide that service.
Where we get our information
As well as information collected directly from you, we also obtain or receive information from:
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Other departments in the Council, for example, Housing Benefit, Council Tax, Adult Social Care operations teams
- Care service providers
- Managed account companies
For this service most of the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
We may make automated decisions about you in respect of calculations of charges and invoices for care services, and to process the payments of cash Direct Payments Personal Budgets.
Data retention / criteria
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for and in accordance with the relevant legislation requirement. Your information will be stored on the Councils' computer network and in Council offices in an area that can only be accessed by the staff team that needs access to your information.
Rights of individuals
Information about the following is accessible in our guide to exercising your rights:
- exercising your rights
- contacting our Data Protection Officer
- raising a concern with us, or
- making a complaint to the Information Commissioner
We may update or revise this privacy notice at any time.