Certificate of Life validation

There may be times when you need to have validation of who you are - for example, to send overseas when you want to receive a pension from a foreign government.

If you would like a Certificate of Life validation you are required to provide for inspection your passport, a utility bill with evidence of your current address and a £15 fee. You can also use your birth certificate. Please bring your documents and form into the Town Hall, Knowsley Street, Bury and ask at the reception. A photocopy of your documents will be taken and checked.

Your certificate will be signed by the Chief Executive of Bury Council, dated and stamped. An additional check will be made on the electoral register and you will be provided with a covering letter.

You can then come to collect the signed form or it can be posted to you.

Contact for Democratic Services