Greater Manchester and Bury Sports Awards
What are the Bury Sports Awards?
The Bury Sports Awards recognise the incredible achievements and dedication towards physical activity and sport across the borough.
The winners are invited to the Greater Manchester Sports Awards where the Greater Manchester champions will be crowned.
Nominations can be made via this website during the nomination period. Please note that nominations are currently closed.
Who is recognised at the event?
We aim to recognise the amazing work being done from the voluntary, community and faith sector supporting physical activity and sport in Bury; who's gone above beyond or gone that extra mile, who's had their greatest sporting year to date, who has changed their life for the better because of getting active.
There are nine categories which Individuals, Clubs, and Schools can be entered for through the nomination process, which are:
- Changing Lifestyle Recognition Award
- Community Club of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Disabled Sports Achiever of the Year
- Sports Achiever of the Year
- Unsung Hero Award
- Volunteer of the Year
- School Commitment to PE and Sport Award
- I Will If You Will' Sporting Female of the Year
How can businesses get involved?
To help us celebrate all that is great about physical activity and sport across Bury we are looking for local business to sponsor a category at the event for just £565.
In return your organisation will benefit from:
- your logo and a direct link to your website from the event home page on www.bury.gov.uk
- your company promoted in local media and through our social media platforms
- your logo on all nominee invitations
- your logo and company bio in the event programme
- your logo on a table name
- opportunity to promote your company at the event
- opportunity to attend the Bury Sports Awards and network with other event sponsors and guests
For further details contact Bury Sport and Physical Activity Service - see the contact details at the end of this page.
About the Greater Manchester Sports Awards
The 10 Greater Manchester Boroughs hold their own Award ceremonies to celebrate the hard work and achievement of those involved in sport across their Borough. Winners in the categories of Volunteer, Coach, Sports Achiever, Disabled Sports Achiever, Club of the Year and Unsung Hero: Special Recognition Award are put forward to the Greater Manchester Sports Awards.
The Greater Manchester Sports Awards take place in November each year.