Gambling Policy Statement
Bury's Gambling Policy Statement 2019 - 2022
The Gambling Policy Statement sets out how we will grant and enforce gambling-related licences.
When we carry out work under the Act we must follow Council policy and the guidance issued by the Gambling Commission.
Our Policy Statement and our actions are based on the three licensing objectives contained within the Act which are as follows.
- Preventing gambling from being a source of crime and disorder, being associated with crime and disorder, or being used to support crime.
- Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way.
- Protecting children and other vulnerable people from being harmed or exploited by gambling.
The Policy Statement relates to all aspects of gambling and gambling activities, as defined by the Act and detailed in the existing policy.
Fees and charges
The table shows the fees for the following licences:
- Bingo premises
- Betting premises (other)
- Adult Gaming Centre premises
- Family Entertainment Centre premises
How we consult on the policy
We must review the policy statement at least once every 3 years although it can be reviewed more frequently than this if necessary. The last consultation took place in 2018. We consult with a wide range of organisations and comments are welcome from anyone although we have to consult with the following:
- the Chief Constable from Greater Manchester Police;
- a selection of owners of gambling-related businesses; and
- a selection of licence holders.