Skip to main content

There may be times when you need to have validation of who you are. This could be to send overseas when you want to receive a pension from a foreign government.

If you would like a Certificate of Life validation, you will need to provide:

  • your passport
  • your driving licence or other photo ID
  • a Council Tax or utility bill dated within the last 12 months
  • evidence of your current address.

A £15 charge is payable before your documents can be processed. You can make payment online or by calling us on 0161 253 5353. Once payment is made, please bring your original documents to us at the following address for verification:

  • Bury Council, Town Hall, Knowsley Street, Bury, Lancashire BL9 0SW

We will check and photocopy your documents to support your application. Your certificate will be signed, dated and stamped by a representative of the Chief Executive of Bury Council. An additional check will be made on the electoral register and you will be provided with a covering letter.

Your validated form and letter will be posted to you.