Report a bollard issue
We are responsible for all bollards on public roads and pathways throughout the borough of Bury, including those which are lit and act as traffic signs.
How quickly we repair the issue depends on how urgent it is. We give the highest priority to those issues that may cause a threat to public safety.
Most issues can be reported online, but hazardous and potentially dangerous issues must be reported by phone.
Report hazardous issues
The following are hazardous issues and a danger to public safety.
- the bollard door is loose or missing
- the bollard has been damaged or knocked down (eg in a road traffic incident)
Report hazardous issues promptly by phone.
- Call 0161 253 5353 between 8.45am and 5pm, Monday to Friday or 0161 253 6606 outside of these hours.
Report non-hazardous issues
Non-hazardous issues should be reported online so that: you can check if the issue has already been reported to us or not and so that you can check yourself where we are up to with its repair. You can do this via the link we send you in your confirmation email.
The following are examples of non-hazardous issues.
- the bollard is dirty
- the bollard is faded
- the bollard has graffiti
- the bollard light is flashing on and off
- the bollard light is out
- the bollard is leaning
- the bollard is missing
- the bollard has been vandalised