Secondary school admissions
Applying for a Secondary School place for September 2018
Children born between 1 September 2006 and 31 August 2007 will transfer to secondary school in September 2018.
Useful information before you apply for a place
You must be resident in Bury. If you live outside Bury, you must apply through your home authority.
Read through the Transfer to Secondary School Information Guide 2018 from the downloads below, which guides you through the admissions process, gives details of open days and should give you all the information you need.
- How do I know when to apply
- Criteria for offering school places
- Applying for a school place
- Offer of a place
Further important information
These pages are intended as a guide to the policies and procedures of the Local Authority (LA). Please note that:
- Bury Council does not fund places in independent schools.
- Details of secondary schools in Bury can be found from the Secondary schools list.
- Certain schools need additional information to apply their admissions criteria and may require you to also complete a Supplementary Information Form from the school's website.
- Examination results are published in the school's prospectus. The Office for Standards in Education publishes Reports Ofsted - Inspection reports for each school.
- School achievement and attainment tables for Bury Local Authority are available free from the Department for Education. The Local Authority number is 351. The telephone number for the Department for Education is: 0870-000-2288.
- Details of School Performance which can be searched on by school or area from the Gov.uk website.
- Organising travel to and from school on public transport can be done via the Transport for Greater Manchester website.
- Information on tram services is available on the Metrolink website or at main Metrolink stations.
- If your child(ren) need care before and/or after school, you can use the Family Information Service
- Links to neighbouring authorities can be found below: