Primary school admissions
For children due to start Primary School in September 2017, places were confirmed to parents on 18 April 2017. Parents can view their child's allocated school, by logging into your account below. A breakdown of how places have been allocated is also available in the downloads area. If you wish to appeal have a read through our appeals page with an online appeals form to complete Appeal against school place decision
To be able to apply for a place in a Bury School
- You must be resident in Bury. If you live outside Bury, you must apply through your home authority.
Read through the Admissions to Primary School Guide 2017 from the downloads area which guides you through the admissions process and should give you all the information you need.
- How do I know when to apply
- Criteria for offering school places
- Applying for a school place
- Offer of a place
Further important Information
These pages are intended as a guide to the policies and procedures of the Local Authority (LA). Please note that:
- Bury Council does not fund places in independent schools.
- LA Nursery and Primary Schools gives details and links to their websites.
- Certain schools need additional information to apply their admissions criteria and may require you to also complete a Supplementary Information Form from the school's website.
- Examination results are published in the school's prospectus. The Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted) publishes inspection reports Reports Ofsted - Inspection reports for each school.
- School achievement and attainment tables for Bury Local Authority are available free from the Department for Education. The Local Authority number is 351. The telephone number for the Department for Education is: 0870-000-2288.
- Details of school performance which can be searched on by school or area can be found on the Gov.uk website School Performance
- Organising travel to and from school on public transport can be done via the Transport for Greater Manchester website. Transport for Greater Manchester
- Information on tram services is available on the Metrolink website or at main Metrolink stations.
- If your child(ren) need care before and/or after school, you can find information by using the Childcare Bury - Family Information Service
- Links to neighbouring authorities can be found below: