Support if you're not working
If your household has a low income and you are struggling with your finances, you may qualify for Benefits.
Rent and council tax extra help
Extra financial help may be available to help towards your rent and Council Tax. See: Discretionary payments.
Cold weather payments
A payment by the government's Department for Work and Pensions if the average temperature in your area is recorded as, or forecast to be, zero degrees Celsius or below for 7 consecutive days. See if you are eligible: Gov.uk - Cold weather payment.
Find a warm welcome across the borough this winter with a whole range of activities. Support available includes help with looking for work, advice about the cost of living, and opportunities to meet other people in a warm, safe, inviting, and friendly environment. See: The Bury Directory - Warm spaces Bury.
There is help and advice available if you are at risk of losing your home. See: Homeless information and advice.
Contact 0161 253 5400 or email your local Community Hub:
- North Community Hub - Elton, North Manor, Tottington, Ramsbottom - email@example.com
- East Community Hub - Bury East, Moorside and Redvales - firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Community Hub - Bury West, Radcliffe East, Radcliffe West, Radcliffe North and Ainsworth - email@example.com
- Whitefield Community Hub - Besses, Pilkington Park and Unsworth - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prestwich Community Hub - Holyrood, Sedgley and St. Mary's - email@example.com