Support if you're working


If your household has a low income and you are struggling with your finances, you may qualify for Benefits.

Rent and council tax extra help

Extra financial help may be available to help towards your rent and Council Tax. See: Discretionary payments.

Cold weather payments

A payment by the government's Department for Work and Pensions if the average temperature in your area is recorded as, or forecast to be, zero degrees Celsius or below for 7 consecutive days. See if you are eligible: - Cold weather payment.


There is help and advice available if you are at risk of losing your home. See: Homeless information and advice.

Extra support for those of working age

Contact 0161 253 5400 or email your local Community Hub: