Bee Active this spring
As the weather starts improving, and as part of a new 'Bee Active' active travel campaign, Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) are encouraging people to get out cycling, walking, and wheeling this spring.
Choosing to cycle, walk, or wheel can help reduce carbon emissions, protect the environment, help fight climate change, reduce traffic congestion, and improve air quality, as well as helping to improve your physical and mental health.
You can find lots of advice and information available at their dedicated active travel website:
And some of the specific tools, schemes, and events include:
- An interactive map that shows key points of interest and how far you can get from your home in just 15 minutes when cycling, walking, or wheeling.
- The GM cycle hire scheme, currently operational along the Oxford Road Corridor, Media City, and the University of Salford and set to roll out further this summer across Manchester, Salford, and Trafford.
- A wide range of cycle training and maintenance courses catering to different needs.
- The Cycle and Stride community group initiative.
- The upcoming GM Walking Festival.