Safe, socially distanced exercise with Bury Leisure
In line with government guidance we are re-opening our gyms and swimming pools from Monday 12 April.
What we are doing to keep everyone safe
Keeping you, all our customers and all our staff safe is our number one priority. In line with government recommendations we have risk assessed all our facilities and working practices to ensure both are covid-secure and you can take part in safe, socially distanced exercise. We have arranged all equipment to ensure you always have enough space to train. We have also put the following measures in place.
- A traffic light entry system for queue management
- Social distancing measures, space markers and one-way systems
- Well stocked hand sanitiser and hygiene stations
- Revised session times to allow extra time for cleaning in-between sessions
- More frequent and strictly controlled cleaning regimes including cleaning technology that completely disinfects our centres every night
- A pre-book and pay system to manage occupancy levels and avoid overcrowding (members can book 7 days in advance, pay as you go customers can book 5 days in advance)
- Improved our ventilation systems to ensure the circulation of fresh air.
What we need you to do
- Book your sessions in advance (online, via the app or by phone)
- Exercise alone or in your household group
- Only bring what you need, including your own filled water bottle as water stations won't be in use
- If possible, arrive dressed in your workout clothes and shower and change at home to minimise the amount of people using the changing rooms
- Wash or sanitise your hands upon entering our centres
- Follow the signs and floor markings to your destination and maintain social distancing during your visit
- Unless you are exempt, wear a face covering except while exercising
- Make use of the hygiene stations to clean your hands and wipe down equipment after use
- Leave the centre promptly after your session has ended.