Apply for a grant from the Tackling Loneliness and Isolation Fund
About the Tackling Loneliness and Isolation Fund
This fund is to promote collaborative proposals from across the borough of Bury to tackle one of the largest social problems of our time, loneliness and social isolation. The coronavirus pandemic and series of lock downs have exacerbated this and as such this fund provides an opportunity to develop initiative within our communities.
About your proposal
Proposals should primarily focus on preventing and tackling loneliness and social isolation though may in addition promote:
- supporting projects or initiatives to address emerging community specific needs or opportunities
- connecting people to opportunities for self-development and, or self-care
- amplifying mental health support
- tackling digital poverty and exclusion
Criteria for funding
- Priority will be given to collaborative applications involving at least two groups or organisations.
- There is a total of £20,000 available for each of the five neighbourhood areas in line with the Covid Community Hubs. The five neighbourhood areas are:
- North: Ramsbottom, Tottington, North Manor, Elton.
- West: All Radcliffe wards and Church ward.
- Bury East: East ward, Moorside and Redvales.
- Whitefield: Unsworth, Besses and Pilkington Park.
- Prestwich: Holyrood, Sedgley and St Mary's.
- Voluntary, community groups, mutual aid and social enterprises are eligible to apply
- Organisations can be part of multiple collaborative bids but can only be the 'host' for one bid across the Borough.
- Joint bids across neighbourhoods would be welcomed. In such cases, there is potential to combine eligible funding amounts
- If your bid is Borough wide you should submit the bid once ideally in relation to your office base, physical service base or registered residence.
- For support to complete the application form or general funding queries email: email@example.com
- For more information about the fund phone: 0161 253 5127.
Apply for funding
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 8 March 2021.
Proposals will be considered by the Cabinet Portfolio holder for Communities, the Cabinet Portfolio holder for Health & Wellbeing, the Independent Chair of the Bury Voluntary Community and Faith Alliance and a GMP representative.