Covid-19: Learning safely at Bury Adult Learning Service
Covid-19 Guidelines for Learners
We look forward to welcoming you to our centre.
We ask you to comply with the guidelines below which have been devised in line with Government guidelines to promote safety for staff and learners.
For your safety and security:
- The Adult Learning Centre has been thoroughly deep cleaned whilst it has been closed.
- The Centre and all our activities has been risk assessed and new measures have been put in place to reduce the risk of transmission. This risk assessment has been approved by the Council.
- Reviewed and changed the capacity of classrooms and changed class sizes in line with this.
- There are hand sanitising stations throughout the building.
- Additional cleaning and sanitising is in place throughout the building, particularly in areas of high traffic.
- Only one person at a time will be allowed in the toilets.
- Only one person at a time will be allowed in the lift.
- The student area will be available for access to the vending machines and water supply only.
- We are taking part in the NHS Track and Trace scheme. We have details of registered learners or those with appointments for initial assessment. If you are visiting our centre to enquire about our courses, we will ask you for your name and phone number or email address to enable contact tracing. Anyone refusing to give this information won't be admitted. The information collected from visitors will be destroyed after 21 days.
To help keep you, other learners and staff safe, please follow these guidelines:
- Make enquiries and enrolments by phone or online where possible.
- If your enquiry must be made in person, office opening times are 9am - 4pm.
- Come alone unless the person with you is your carer.
- Don't enter our building if you or someone from your household is unwell, particularly if you have any of the following symptoms
- High temperature.
- New continuous cough.
- Loss of or change in sense of taste or smell.
- Wait outside the main entrance to be let in by one of our marshals. Where to queue will be clearly marked. Class groups will be invited in a few minutes before the start of the class.
- Sanitise your hands on entrance. Wash or sanitise your hands frequently during your visit.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres where possible.
- Wear a face covering in the public areas of the building.
- Avoid passing others in the corridors or on the stairs as much as possible.
- Don't congregate with other learners in the public areas.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres in your classroom. Furniture has been moved to facilitate this.
- Comply with any instructions from staff about hand washing or sanitising, and cleaning any equipment used.
- If you become unwell whilst in our building let us know immediately so that we can isolate you and offer you support.
- If you become unwell between visits, let us know so that we can let staff and other learners know.
Failure to comply with the guidelines will be dealt with under our Code of Conduct and Learner Disciplinary Policy. These can be found on Moodle.
Written by Senior Adult Learning Manager (Quality Improvement): September 2020.
Review: October 2020.