Support for residents
Test and Trace Support Payments
The Government has set up the Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme to support people on a low income whose earnings are affected if they need to self-isolate for 14 days.
Council Tax Support
If you live in the borough of Bury and are struggling to pay your Council Tax we may be able to help you.
Support for workers and families
The Government has put in the place the following to support workers and families affected by the coronavirus outbreak.
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme means employees can receive 80 per cent of their wages up to a maximum of £2,500 per month.
- The Coronavirus Self Employment Income Support Scheme will provide a grant to most self-employed individuals or partnerships, worth 80% of their profits up to a cap of £2,500 per month.
- Extra support for the unemployed and those on low incomes through Universal Credit and Tax Credits, worth up to £1,040.
- Nearly £1bn of additional support for renters.
- Mortgage holidays of three months for anyone in difficulty due to coronavirus, including owners of buy to let properties.
More information about the Government's package of support is available at the gov.uk website.