Coronavirus: Important changes to our licensing services
This guidance is for current licence holders and anyone planning to apply for a new licence. It explains the changes we are making to our licensing services to help minimise the disruption caused to licence holders by coronavirus.
Everyone has a role to play in limiting the spread of coronavirus. Licence holders, including taxi and private hire car drivers, you are reminded to follow Government advice when it comes to hand washing, including advice on isolation if you have symptoms.
Go to Gov.uk/coronavirus for the latest advice and guidance.
Please bear with us at this time and be assured that over the coming weeks we will be doing everything we can to maintain the service as best we can.
We ask that you be patient with our team and we appreciate your patience, and understanding during this time.
General guidelines on changes to our licensing services
Contacting Bury Licensing Team
- We are no longer offering face-to-face appointments or the morning drop-in service.
- Alternative arrangements are being put in place to enable essential paperwork to be submitted electronically.
- Most of Bury Licensing Team are currently working remotely, which means that they are working in different places and will not be available to speak directly with you without an appointment.
- Contact Bury Licensing Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 253 5208.
Reminder for drivers - If you or a member of your household has any of the symptoms of coronavirus you should be self-isolating in line with government guidance and not operating as a driver.
Local Transport Restart - safer travel guidance for passengers
Read the letter from the Department of Transport [396kb] to taxi and private hire vehicle providers and licensing authorities.
Private Hire and Hackney Carriage - new applications
- We are not accepting any new taxi driver licensing applications until further notice while we focus our efforts on renewal of existing licences. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Taxi driver licence - renewals
Go to the taxi driver renewal page for the latest information.
- The private hire and hackney carriage knowledge test for new applications has been suspended until further notice.
- Vehicle tests are not currently being carried out and when an application to renew is made, the licence will be renewed for three months.
- If your medical is now due we understand that there are currently issues in getting to see your GP. Go to the taxi driver renewal page for more information and to complete a medical statutory declaration.
Committee and Board Meetings
- All planned meetings for the remainder of the municipal year of the Licensing and Safety Panel have been postponed.