Bury Community Hubs
Bury Community Hubs are here to provide support to 11,000 residents in the Borough of Bury that are defined as clinically extremely vulnerable. This group of people of varying ages need to take extra care because they are at very high risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
Bury Community Hubs also provide support to residents that don't have anyone else to turn to for support, including people having to self-isolate.
Generally, the hubs support people with life's essentials and help them to keep safe.
About the support from Bury Community Hubs
We are still here to help with essential supplies or for any worries or concerns about money or your wellbeing. Give us a call if you need:
- help with food shopping and registering for priority supermarket delivery slots
- help with medicine supplies
- help with registering online for support (please have your NHS number to hand)
- advice about how to get online
- advice about money, debt and welfare benefits
- support because you are lonely, feel anxious or low or just need reassurance and a friendly chat or catch-up
Access support from Bury Community Hubs
To access essential help:
- Phone: 0161 253 5353, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Text 07860 022876 (messages responded to by the next working day)
If our community hubs team can't help you directly they will put you in touch with local people and local organisations who can help, such as Citizens Advice and Age UK.
Food and shopping
Priority online shopping slots
- Online supermarket delivery slots with Asda, Iceland, Morrisons, Ocado, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Waitrose continue to be available for people who were previously shielding.
- If you aren't already a customer - sign-up with one of the supermarkets offering the service (you can do this at their website).
- Then go to gov.uk/coronavirus-shielding-support and fill in your details.
- The government will pass your details to your chosen supermarket who will then offer you priority online shopping slots.
- Morrisons offer a telephone ordering service to order essential food items for customers who live within 10 miles of a Morrisons store.
- To order, call 0345 611 6111 and select option 5.
- Sainsbury's also offer a telephone ordering service.
- To order, call 0800 917 8557.
NHS Volunteer Responder Scheme
The NHS Volunteer Responder scheme can also offer help with collecting shopping, prescriptions or other essential supplies that you need delivered to your home. They can also check in with you if you would like to chat.
- Phone freephone 0808 196 3646
Keeping in touch telephone service
Age UK have a great team of volunteers who make regular telephone calls to local people. This could include a friendly chat or catch-up to check on your general wellbeing. It could also include making sure you have essential supplies and providing you with general information and reassurance.
Contact Age UK Bury if you, or someone you know, needs this service.
- Phone: 0161 763 9030, Monday to Friday 10am to 2pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- More information is available at Age UK Bury
Your community needs you
If you'd like to support your local community by becoming a volunteer: