Help control the virus
To protect yourself and others, when you leave home you must:
- Wash hands- keep washing your hands regularly (watch this video to find out the best way to wash your hands)
- Cover face- wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in enclosed spaces (see when to wear one and how to make your own)
- Make space- stay at least a metre away from people not in your household (see staying safe outside your home)
If you are feeling unwell check if you or your child has coronavirus symptoms, get a test and do not leave home for at least 10 days. Contact Bury Community hubs if you need help with essential shopping and medicine supplies during your self-isolation.
Follow this advice from the NHS Test and Trace Service if you are told that you've been in contact with a person who has coronavirus and see NHS advice about self-isolation and treating coronavirus symptoms.
Local outbreak restrictions
Everyone in Greater Manchester (including in Bury), East Lancashire and West Yorkshire must also follow extra local outbreak rules and restrictions..
Keep informed via trusted sources
Local trusted information:
- Subscribe to local email updates from Bury Council
- Check our latest news releases and live updates on social media
- Check updates from our partner organisations
National trusted information:
- Join the GOV.UK WhatsApp Coronavirus Information Service by adding 07860 06442 to your phone contacts. To get started message the word 'hi' in a WhatsApp message and then choose the information you want from a set of menu options.
- Visit gov.uk/coronavirus
- Visit nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
Reported cases and current statistics
- View the number of cases in Bury
- Read gov.uk coronavirus statistics and analysis
- Read gov.uk coronavirus cases in the UK daily updated statistics