The simple things we must all do to keep on protecting each other
Last updated: Wednesday 14 October 2020
Hands. Face. Space.
With coronavirus cases increasing in the UK, everyone needs to take action to reduce the spread of the virus.
In all areas of England everyone should remember 'Hands. Face. Space' - the 3 simple actions we must all do to keep on protecting each other:
- Wash hands: Keep washing your hands regularly and for 20 seconds (watch this video to find out the best way to wash your hands)
- Cover face: Wear a face covering on public transport and in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet (see when to wear one and how to make your own).
- Make space: Stay at least 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre apart with extra precautions in place (such as wearing a face covering or increasing ventilation indoors. (see staying safe outside your home).
If you are feeling unwell check if you or your child has coronavirus symptoms, get a test and do not leave home for at least 10 days. Contact Bury Community hubs if you need help with essential shopping and medicine supplies during your self-isolation.
Follow this advice from the NHS Test and Trace Service if you are told that you've been in contact with a person who has coronavirus and see NHS advice about self-isolation and treating coronavirus symptoms.
Meeting friends and family
As of Wednesday 14 October 2020, the government has introduced a new 3-tier system called 'local COVID alert levels'. This provides a new set of coronavirus rules for England. There are three levels to the alert system - medium, high and very high.
Bury is in the 'high' tier along with the whole of Greater Manchester and a number of other areas in the North of England. The 'high' tier is for areas with a higher level of infection where some additional restrictions are in place. As well as remembering 'Hands. Face. Space.' you must also:
Keep informed via trusted sources
Local trusted information:
- Subscribe to local email updates from Bury Council
- Check our latest news releases and live updates on social media
- Check updates from our partner organisations
National trusted information:
- Join the GOV.UK WhatsApp Coronavirus Information Serviceby adding 07860 06442 to your phone contacts. To get started message the word 'hi' in a WhatsApp message and then choose the information you want from a set of menu options.
- Visit gov.uk/coronavirus
- Visit nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
Reported cases and current statistics
- View the number of cases in Bury
- Read gov.uk coronavirus statistics and analysis
- Read gov.uk coronavirus cases in the UK daily updated statistics