Eliza Street in Ramsbottom - resurfacing scheme
About the scheme
We plan to resurface the carriageway on Eliza Street. These works may include footway works and drainage repairs.
Planned start and finish date of the scheme
- Planned start date - 17 February 2020.
- Proposed completion date - 25 February 2020.
Details of the scheme and traffic management
- All works will take place between 9am and 4pm.
- Eliza Street will be closed to through traffic during the works.
- Access to Eliza Street will be restricted during the works.
Unfortunately, when undertaking a scheme of this nature, some disruption is unavoidable; we will try to reduce this disruption as much as possible.
Plan of the scheme
Your questions answered
Who is going to control the works?
Both the design and construction of the works are being co-ordinated by Bury Council. Our Engineering Services will be responsible for the supervision of the works throughout the duration of the contract.
What about noise from the works?
The works will be monitored by officers on site to ensure that noise levels are kept to a minimum.
Will access be maintained?
We will try to maintain vehicular access to properties where we can, however, it must be noted that on occasion this access may be limited, for example, when removing or replacing the road surface across driveways. Please remove any vehicles parked on Eliza Street when the works are approaching.
Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
What about access for emergency vehicles?
All the emergency services will be notified well in advance of the commencement of the works and will be made aware of any restrictions in place.
Should emergency vehicles require emergency access to residential or business properties affected by the works, the contractor shall direct and/or escort them through the works.
Who do I contact for any enquiries?
If you experience any issues during the construction works then please contact us.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm: Phone Customer Contact Team on 0161 253 5353.
In an emergency out of the above hours on: 0161 253 6606.
- The Contractor(s) employed by the Local Authority have a duty to keep the works safe for the benefit of all users of the public highway. If you see anyone tampering with or removing any signs or barriers, particularly overnight, please ring the Emergency number above. You could help prevent an accident.
- There have been on occasion criminals posing as workmen or utility company representatives approaching householders adjacent to highway works using the works as an excuse to gain access to the property for criminal activity. Genuine representatives of utility companies should be able to produce identification and if in any doubt do not allow access and telephone the police.