Accessibility statement for Bury Council website
This website is run by Bury Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (for example, the latest versions of JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, etc.)
- view most of the website on mobile devices without you having to scroll from side to side
We've also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- some of our systems pages (for example: library catalogue; online school admissions, etc.) may not be fully accessible
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live Council meetings streamed for us on a different site, do not have captions
- some of our older video content may not have captions
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- some of our online forms have instructional text which does not get read out by screen reader software
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, then please contact the section whose details appear on the page you require information about.
We'll consider your request and get back to you in [number] days.