Radcliffe Shop Front Improvement Grant Scheme (now closed)
Expression of interest
Thank you for your interest in the Radcliffe Shop Front Improvement Scheme. Unfortunately the scheme has now closed and we are not currently accepting invitations. If all the funding available is not allocated on this occasions we may consider a further scheme.
If you would be interested in any future opportunities then please contact us (see below).
Bury Council are offering grant funding for independent retail businesses and premises owners in Radcliffe town centre to help them to improve the external appearance of their premises. Funding of up to 80% of the project costs (to a maximum of £8,000) was available. Businesses will be required to pay the remainder of the costs of the project.
The aim of the Radcliffe Shop Front Improvement Scheme is to support business growth and to enhance the appearance of the high street in Radcliffe. Funding was available for the following works
- Improvements to shop fronts and cleaning/decoration of the building front in an appropriate style e.g. cleaning brickwork and general repairs, new shop fronts/ fascia etc.
- Improvements to the external appearance of premises e.g. restoring traditional detailing, joinery, iron work and stonework, removal of redundant or unsightly features
- New and/or replacement signage which improves the appearance of the business premises
The closing date for this expression of interest was 15 April 2019.
This diagram shows the typical layout of a shop front and the terms used to describe each element (click on the diagram to open large view).
- Expression of interest (EOI) form submitted
- EOI appraised by Grant Panel (within 10 working days of the EOI closing date)
- Shortlisted applicants invited to complete full application
- Full application Form Submitted (within 28 days of invite to apply)
- Application assessment and decision by Grant Panel
- In-principle offer letter and Funding Agreement issued and signed agreement returned (subject to all required permissions being in place)
- Works commence and undertaken within agreed timescale
- Inspection and approval of completed works (by Bury Council)
- Evidence of expenditure submitted and verified
- Grant paid