Municipal Funeral Service
We have obtained a competitive tender from Bury Co-Op, who have agreed to provide a low cost dignified funeral. This funeral will be the same as any other funeral service arranged by the company.
Bury Co-Op, 22 Silver Street, Bury, BL9 OEX. Phone: 0161 764 4177.
The service is available to anyone who has to arrange a funeral for a deceased resident of the borough who is to be buried at one of the cemeteries within the borough or cremated locally:
- Bury Cemetery, St Peter's Road, Bury
- Ramsbottom Cemetery, Cemetery Road, Ramsbottom
- Radcliffe Cemetery, Cemetery Road, Radcliffe
Included in the funeral service:
- Collection of the deceased from within the Borough or within a 10 mile radius of the Borough boundary
- Embalming, dressing and a place at the funeral director's chapel of rest, with normal viewing facilities
- All arrangements at the cemetery
- A hearse and one limousine
- The funeral service
- An oak veneer coffin with engraved nameplate and handles with lining throughout
- Transport of the deceased and immediate family to church or chapel prior to burial or cremation.
- Where a family desires additional services to those listed above, for example, additional cars, press notices, floral tributes, they will pay extra for these services. The removal of the deceased after working hours or during weekends and bank holidays would also incur additional charges.