Top 5 things about swimming lessons
- We recommend you arrive 10 to 15 minutes before the lesson to give time to change your child and get ready.
- Send your child to the poolside 5 minutes before the start of the lesson.
- Children under 5 years old will be collected by the teacher or directed by the lifeguards about where to sit for their lesson.
- Parents are requested not to enter the pool area as this will disrupt the lesson. If your child needs the toilet during the lesson, parents will be asked to escort their child to the toilet and back again.
- In terms of dressing your child appropriately, a swimming costume is preferable to a bikini for girls, and for boys, swimming trunks or shorts above the knee are best. Children with long hair must have it tied back with a hair bobble and wearing a swim hat is recommended. Goggles may be worn in lessons but may need to be removed for some skills.