About our learn to swim programme
Why choose Bury Leisure?
The Bury Leisure Swimming Academy runs a structured swimming and water safety programme created by the Swimming Teachers' Association (STA), one of the largest swim teaching and lifesaving organisations. All our teachers hold professional qualifications and have a passion for teaching.
Why learn to swim?
- To be safe and confident around water.
- To keep the heart and lungs healthy.
- To improve strength and flexibility.
- To increase stamina and help improve balance and posture.
- To provide challenges and rewards, which helps with self-confidence.
Being able to swim also supports taking part in other sports and activities such as kayaking, canoeing, scuba diving, surfing and yachting.
Where can I learn?
Our learn to swim programme is available at each of our main sports centres.
- Castle Leisure Centre
- Radcliffe Leisure Centre
- Ramsbottom Pool and Fitness Centre