Department for Transport Local Highways Maintenance Challenge Fund
About the Local Highways Maintenance Challenge Fund
The local highways maintenance challenge fund enables local highway authorities in England to bid for major maintenance projects that are otherwise difficult to fund through the usual formula funding allocations received from government.
The fund supports small projects requiring funding of £5m to £20m and large projects requiring funding above £20m.
More information about the fund
About Bury's 2019 application to the fund
In 2019 we submitted one bid for funding to resurface the following areas of the A58 and A56.
- Bury Bridge - Crostons Road to Peel Way
- Jubilee Way - Bury Bridge to Manchester Road
- Derby Way - Peel Way to Rochdale Road
About Bury's 2015 application to the fund
We have submitted two bids for funding to resurface the following areas of the A58 and A56.
- Walmersley Road - M66 bridge to M66 northbound exit
- Walmersley Road - Springside Road to Northfield Road
- Manchester Road - Jubilee Way to Tennyson Avenue
- Bury New Road - Chestnut Avenue to Stanhope Avenue
- Bury New Road - Fairfax Road to Butterstile Lane
- Rochdale Road - Rochdale boundary to Derby Way
- Rochdale Road - Derby Way to Angouleme Way
- Angouleme Way - Full length
- Jubilee Way - Full length
- Bolton Road - Jubilee Way to Crostons Road
Submitted bids for all of Greater Manchester have been collated by Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) and submitted to Department for Transport (DfT) as a package of schemes targeting the key route network.