Regeneration and thriving businesses and communities are at the heart of a £16 million funding boost announced by council leaders.
Every township in the borough will receive investment under plans approved by the council when it set its budget for 2019/20 on 20 February 2019.
The main projects are:
- an extra £10 million for highways improvements from 2020 (this follows the £10 million announced two years ago, the final third of which will be spent this coming financial year)
- £2.7 million to promote business growth
- investment of £1.3 million into Bury Market, to ensure that the town's 'jewel in the crown' continues to be a major attraction. It was voted the Nation's Favourite Market just this month
- £500,000 to support the Radcliffe Regeneration Task Group in its work to transform the town centre
- funding of £250,000 to deliver the Prestwich Town Centre Challenge and help and support plans to transform the Longfield Centre area
- A £100,000 boost to develop the Uplands health and wellbeing/residential concept in Whitefield
- A £420,000 masterplan for Radcliffe town centre including urban design, planning and transport
- £100,000 to increase car parking provision in Ramsbottom
- £430,000 towards developing 3G sports pitches in the borough
Find out more about the Budget 2019-20 in: