Special Thanks and Recognition (STAR) awards
Bury Council is very proud of its staff and the efforts they are making to improve services on behalf of residents, local businesses and visitors to Bury.
We want to identify those individuals and teams who are making the difference. The STAR awards are our way of recognising and thanking those people who are going the extra mile in delivering good public services.
Making a nomination
Nominations for this year have closed.
What are the categories for nomination?
- Going the extra mile in their job
- Supporting the community through dedicated volunteering
- Maximising performance through commitment to learning and development
- Creating positive impacts through partnership working
What awards are available?
There is an award for Individual Employee of the Year and Team of the Year for each department. There is also a team award for the Partnership team of the year and awards for Volunteer and Learner of the year.
The most prestigious award to be given out is the Mike Kelly Employee of the Year Award. This award is sponsored by, and takes its name from, a former Chief Executive of Bury Council.
Who can be nominated?
Anybody who is employed by or who volunteers for Bury Council (except teachers). The awards are not open to contractors or people not directly employed by the council.
Who can make nominations?
- anybody who lives, works or studies in Bury
- anybody who works for Bury Council
- voluntary groups and organisations who work with Bury Council
- local businesses, big or small and establishments which provide services to or receive services from Bury Council
- anybody who visits the borough.