Active Lifestyle discount card
What is the Bury Leisure Active Lifestyle discount card?
Our Active Lifestyle discount card is available to all ages. It offers cardholders discounts and savings on a wide range of sport and leisure activities at Bury Leisure sport and fitness centres, as well as savings on library services.
The card costs just £6.50, is available to eligible Bury residents and is valid for 12 months from the date of registration.
Active Lifestyle discount card holder benefits
As an eligible cardholder you will be able to save money on leisure activities, aim to improve your health and fitness levels and get more from your free time.
Who can apply for an Active Lifestyle card?
You will qualify for an Active Lifestyle discount card if you live in the Borough of Bury, pay Council Tax to Bury Council and if one or more of the qualifying criteria is applicable to you.
- Claiming income support or Job Seekers Allowance
- Claiming housing benefit
- Claiming Council Tax support
- Claiming Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Claiming Working Tax Credit (WTC)
- Receiving Employment and Support allowance (previously Incapacity Benefit)
- On a Government training scheme (includes apprenticeships)
- A student over 16 in full-time education
- Asylum seeker
- Carers - adults and young carers
- Looked after children (in the care of Bury Council)
- Adults aged 60 and over
- Children under 16 of qualifying adults
How to apply for or renew an Active Lifestyle discount card
You will need to complete an application form if you are:
- applying for your first Active Lifestyle discount card; or
- renewing your Active Lifestyle discount card.
- We will take your photograph and retain it in our records
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by their qualifying parent, guardian or carer and they will need to sign a photograph consent form
When you apply you will need to provide:
- proof of eligibility (see application form for details) and proof of address
- you will need to pay a non-refundable fee of £6.50 which is valid for 12 months from the date of registration of your active lifestyle discount card
Active Lifestyle discount card terms and conditions
- Cardholders are subject to normal facility availability, conditions of the site and method of payment
- Cards are not transferable
- All applicants must fall into at least one of the categories to be eligible
- One helper/carer will be allowed to accompany a person with a disability free of charge
- Discounts, booking arrangements and opening hours at participating centres vary - check details at individual centres
- Bury Council reserves the right to alter or introduce new fees/charges including the availability of facilities without prior notice
- Concessionary rates will only apply on production of an Active Lifestyle discount card
- Cardholders must notify any change of address
- No refunds can be made for cancelled membership on the part of the Council or the cardholder
- The Council reserves the right to refuse issue of a card and also admission
- The Council reserves the right to amend the offers associated with the discount card scheme and the terms and conditions of the scheme itself