Active Lifestyle discount card
What is the Bury Leisure Active Lifestyle discount card?
Our Active Lifestyle discount card is available to all ages. It offers cardholders discounts and savings on a wide range of sport and leisure activities at Bury Leisure sport and fitness centres, as well as savings on library services.
The card costs just £5, is available to eligible Bury residents and is valid for 12 months from the date of registration.
Active Lifestyle discount card holder benefits
As an eligible cardholder you will be able to save money on leisure activities, aim to improve your health and fitness levels and get more from your free time.
Sport and fitness activities (subject to current activities programme)
- 25% off swimming lessons (junior).
- 50% (off peak), 25% (peak, after 6pm Mon to Fri) off badminton/squash .
- 25% off gymnastics/trampoline courses run by Bury Leisure .
- 50% off table tennis.
- 25% off gym induction (including juniors)
- 50% off gym session (including juniors)
- 25% off school holiday sports camps.
- Up to 50% off coach education courses run by Bury Leisure Sports Development Team (limited places per course).
Who can apply for an Active Lifestyle card?
You will qualify for an Active Lifestyle discount card if you live in the Borough of Bury, pay Council Tax to Bury Council and if one or more of the qualifying criteria is applicable to you.
- Claiming income support.
- Claiming housing benefit.
- Claiming Council Tax support.
- Claiming Job Seekers Allowance - income or contributions based
- Disabled person.
- Claiming Working/Child Tax Credits and receiving free prescriptions.
- Receiving Employment and Support allowance (previously Incapacity Benefit).
- On a Government training scheme (includes apprenticeships).
- A student over 16 in full-time education.
- Asylum seeker.
- Carers - adults and young carers.
- Looked after children.
- Adults aged 60 and over.
- Children under 16 of qualifying adults.
How and where to apply for or renew an Active Lifestyle discount card
You will need to complete an application form if you are:
- applying for your first Active Lifestyle discount card; or
- renewing your Active Lifestyle discount card.
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by their qualifying parent, guardian or carer and a photograph consent form will need to be completed.
When you apply you will need to provide:
- proof of eligibility (see application form for details) and proof of address;
- payment in cash or a cheque made payable to 'Bury MBC' for the appropriate registration fee; and
- a passport sized photograph if applying at a library or the Art Gallery (you do not need to supply a photograph if applying at any of our sports centres).
Applying by post
Complete the application form and post it with the relevant documents to Castle Leisure Centre, Bolton Street, Bury BL9 0EZ. Please only send photocopies, not original documents.
Applying in person
Complete the application form and take it with the relevant documents to one of the following outlets.
Bury Leisure sports centres
Castle Leisure Centre, Bolton Street, Bury, 0161 253 7000.
Radcliffe Leisure Centre, Spring Lane, 0161 253 7000.
Ramsbottom Pool & Fitness Centre, Porritt Way, 0161 253 7000.
Bury Central, Manchester Road, Bury, 0161 253 5872
Ramsbottom, Carr Street, Ramsbottom, 0161 253 5352.
Tottington, Market Street, Tottington, 0161 253 6652.
Prestwich, Longfield Centre, Prestwich, 0161 253 7214.
Radcliffe, Stand Lane, Radcliffe, 0161 253 7160.
Unsworth, Sunnybank Road, Unsworth, 0161 253 7560.
Whitefield, Pinfold Lane, Whitefield, 0161 253 7510.
Bury Art Museum
Bury Art Museum, Moss Street, Bury 0161 253 5878.
Active Lifestyle discount card terms and conditions
- Cardholders are subject to normal facility availability, conditions of the site and method of payment.
- Cards are not transferable.
- All applicants must fall into at least one of the categories on page 2 to be eligible.
- One helper/carer will be allowed to accompany a person with a disability free of charge.
- Discounts, booking arrangements and opening hours at participating centres vary - check details at individual outlets.
- Bury Council reserves the right to alter or introduce new fees/charges including the availability of facilities without prior notice.
- Concessionary rates will only apply on production of an Active Lifestyle discount card.
- Cardholders must notify any change of address.
- No refunds can be made for cancelled membership on the part of the Council or the cardholder.
- The Council reserves the right to refuse issue of a card and also admission.
- The Council reserves the right to amend the offers associated with the discount card scheme and the terms and conditions of the scheme itself.