Report a faulty street light
We inspect all street lighting faults reported to us. How quickly we repair these faults depends on how urgent the problem is. We give the highest priority to those faults that may cause a threat to public safety.
Most faults can be reported online, but hazardous and potentially dangerous faults must be reported by phone.
Hazardous street light faults
The following street light faults are hazardous and a danger to public safety:
- cables are exposed
- the column door is loose or missing
- the column has been damaged or knocked down (eg in a road traffic incident)
- the lamp bowl or lamp is hanging down
- concrete is falling off the column
Report these faults promptly by phone.
- Call 0161 253 5353 between 8.45am and 5pm, Monday to Friday or 0161 253 6606 outside of these hours.
Non-hazardous street light faults
Non-hazardous street light faults should be reported online.
Please note: When you report a non-hazardous street light fault online you can check yourself where we are up to with its repair. You can do this via the link we send you in your confirmation email.
The following are examples of non-hazardous street lighting faults:
- the lamp is out
- the lamp is timing out
- the lamp is coming on at the wrong time of day
- the lamp is flashing on and off
- the lamp is poorly lit
- the lamp is obscured by overgrown trees
- the lamp is missing
- the lamp bowl is missing
- the lamp is twisted
- the column has been vandalised
- the column is corroded or cracked
- the column is bent or leaning