Report a missed bin collection
Sometimes we can miss emptying bins because of operational issues such as a vehicle breakdown, severe weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances.
Before reporting a missed bin please check bin collection days and dates for an update on any changes we have had to make to your collection. Please also check if:
- your bin was out on the right day - you can check your bin collection days online;
- your bin was out by 7am at your usual collection point;
- the lid on your bin was fully closed;
- your bin has a tag or sticker on it saying it contains the wrong items - if it does, please take them out and put your bin out on your next collection day;
- your bin has a tag or sticker on it saying it contains too much waste or it is too heavy - if it does, please reduce the amount of waste in your bin and put your bin out on your next collection day.
You should only report a missed bin collection after 4pm on the day that it was due, or before 1pm the next working day and only if we haven't already provided an update on changes to your bin collection day and date.
How do I report a missed bin
To report a missed bin phone 0161 253 5353.
What happens after I report a missed bin?
- If your blue, green or grey bin was out by 7am with the lid fully closed with only the correct items in it, we will send official bin bags to you in the post for you to use until your next scheduled collection.
- If your brown bin was out by 7am with the lid fully closed with only the correct items in it, we will return to empty your bin within 5 working days
- If we provide you with an assisted collection we will return to empty the bin that was missed within the next 5 working days.
- You can help avoid a missed collection. Sign-up for email alerts for all your bin collections and to receive updates if we have to delay or cancel your collection.
- You can take extra rubbish or recycling to any of the household waste recycling centres in Greater Manchester.