Report a missed bin collection
You should report a missed bin collection after 4pm on the day that it was due or before 1pm the next working day.
Before you report a missed collection please check if:
- your bin was out on the right day - you can check your bin collection days online;
- your bin was out by 7am at your usual collection point;
- the lid on your bin was fully closed;
- your bin has a tag or sticker on it saying it contains the wrong items - if it does, please take them out and put your bin out on your next collection day;
- your bin has a tag or sticker on it saying it contains too much waste or it is too heavy - if it does, please reduce the amount of waste in your bin and put your bin out on your next collection day.
What happens after I report a missed bin?
- If your blue, green or grey bin was out by 7am with the lid fully closed with only the correct items in it, we will send official bin bags to you in the post for you to use until your next scheduled collection.
- If your brown bin was out by 7am with the lid fully closed with only the correct items in it, we will return to empty your bin within 3 working days
- If we provide you with an assisted collection we will return to empty the bin that was missed within the next 3 working days.
- You can help avoid a missed collection. Sign-up for email alerts for all your bin collections.
- You can take extra rubbish or recycling to any of the household waste recycling centres in Greater Manchester.