Skip Navigation

Register to vote

Voting - Image reproduced with kind permissions of the Electoral Commission

Every British, Commonwealth or Republic of Ireland citizen living in the UK is eligible to vote in this country's elections. All other European Union citizens are eligible to vote in European Parliamentary elections and local elections held here.

You can only vote if your name is on the register of electors (also referred to as the Voters' List). We update the register every autumn. However, you do not have to wait until the autumn to register, as we can add, delete and amend names throughout the year.

Please note that just because you pay Council Tax it does not mean that you are on the Register of Electors.

If your details are incorrect (such as a misspelling) or have changed (for example, if your name has changed), please write to us so that we can update our records accordingly. If you move within  Bury or to Bury from another area you need to complete a new voter registration form.

Image reproduced with kind permissions of the Electoral Commission.

In your area

Position of Bury in the North West
Rate this page:
Rate this page as goodRate this page as averageRate this page as poor
Bookmark and share: