Search your Bury
Carelink - Help at the touch of a button. This service provides a home safety and personal security system that enables people to live independently within their own homes. It also provides assistance if unwell, reassurance, reduces the feeling of isolation and gives families peace of mind.
This is achieved through the clever combination of a 24 hour telephone link to Carelink and state of the art technology.
How does the service work?
The service involves the provision of a telephone link 24 hours a day between your home and Carelink. All that is required is a telephone line and an electrical power point (within 6 feet of each other).
Should a sensor be activated, a message is sent to Carelink where trained operators take the most appropriate action, whether it be a contacting family member, neighbour, doctor or the emergency services.
Benefits of the Carelink service
- Instant response - our highly skilled operators respond to your call and take the appropriate action to get the help you need when you need it.
- Personal service - friendly and dignified service
- We won't leave you - our operators will stay on the line with you until help arrives
- Complete reassurance - 24 hour link to Carelink.
How does the technology help?
A range of unobtrusive intelligent telecare sensors offer a comprehensive way to manage the risks to a person's health and home environment, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
A flexible range of telecare sensors are available including:
- Personal trigger - a call for help can be raised from anywhere in the home or garden
- Bogus caller button - fitted near a door, this discreet button can be used to call for assistance at the 24 hour Carelink when a stranger requests entry into your home
- Smoke detector button - potentially a life saving device, the radio smoke detector provides additional protection by raising an instant alarm call to the Carelink
- Fall detector button - automatically detects a serious fall and raises an alert at the 24 hour Carelink
- Flood detector - this neat unobtrusive radio sensor provides an early warning by alerting the Carelink of potential flood situations
- PIR (movement detector) - detects movement and raises an alert, providing the 24 hour Carelink with the ability to audibly verify and record the presence of a intruder or alternatively delete for inactivity.
How can the service help you?
The service makes a real difference to people's lives, not only for those using the service to maintain their independence, but also their families and loved ones.
Who would benefit from a personal reassurance solution?
The service is available for anyone of any age who would like to feel safer, more protected and independent in their own home. The system also provides numerous benefits for:
- Older, infirm or disabled people
- Individuals who have been discharged from hospital and require additional support and assistance at home
- People at risk of domestic violence, racial harassment, repeat victimisation or distraction burglary
- Those living in high crime areas
- People of any age living alone.
In your area