- You are in:
- / Jobs and careers
Search your Bury
Jobs and careers
The Council is committed to Equality and Diversity in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Bury Council supports people who want to balance their life and work.
All disabled candidates who meet the essential job-related criteria will be guaranteed an interview. Appointment will be on merit.
Your Council Jobs
Bury Council have teamed up with the Greater Manchester Authorities for a dynamic new online recruitment system to improve your experience of applying for jobs.
This new online system offers many benefits such as:
- Search for jobs at Bury Council and all the Greater Manchester Authorities from one site;
- Set up your own profile online and update the details as and when you want to;
- Complete your application form online and submit it with a click of a button;
- Tired of filling out the same information? Once completed your details can be transferred for other applications;
- Get alerts about new vacancies as and when they come up;
- A faster response for the outcome of your application.
All Bury Council jobs are now on this site just click on the red box above 'All available Council jobs' to be redirected to Your Council Jobs .
Jump start your career at yourcounciljobs.co.uk by applying online today.
You will be unable to access the job description and person specification online for the post you are applying for after the closing date. You are, therefore, advised to save or print a copy of these documents for your records.
Some posts in the Council are politically restricted under the Local Government & Housing Act. With effect from 12 January 2010 politically restricted posts fall into two categories, specified posts, which have no right of appeal and sensitive posts, where there is some scope for appeal on the grounds that the Council has wrongly applied the criteria.
Where a political restriction is applied, this may mean that you may not be permitted, or may be restricted, in your political interests or associations.
You are therefore prevented from having any active political role either in or outside the workplace. You will not be able to stand for or hold elected office as:
- local councillor;
- Member of the Welsh Assembly;
- Members of the Scottish Parliament.
You are also restricted from:
- canvassing on behalf of a political party or a person who is or seeks to be a candidate;
- speaking to the public at large or publishing any written or artistic work that could give the impression that you are advocating support for a political party.
The cumulative effect of these restrictions is to limit you to bare membership of political parties, with no active participation within the party permitted.
If the post you are applying for is politically restricted this will be notified to you during the application process.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006
It is a criminal offence to employ a person who is subject to immigration control, unless they have documentation which permits them to work in the UK. You should therefore be aware that we will make checks to ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK.
For further information on job opportunities and for information on relocating to Bury please see the related pages and links to the right.
If you are a young person looking for work, you may find the Who Cares Trust web site has some useful information.
In your area