Your questions answered
What are the next stages of the GMSF?
- The Greater Manchester Combined authority (GMCA) will consider all the comments made and review the proposed policies and proposed site allocations accordingly
- A revised draft plan is currently programmed to be published and consulted on in the summer of 2017, where there will be another opportunity for stakeholders to make comments
- Comments will be considered on this before the plan is submitted to the Government in late 2017
- The Government will appoint a Planning Inspector (s) to consider the plan and a public examination will be held in 2018, where stakeholders will be able to make representations
- The Planning Inspector (s) will make their recommendations, either finding the plan unsound or sound (with or without changes). If found sound, the plan is timetabled to be adopted late 2018.
Consultation now closed
Formal consultation on the first draft of the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework has now ended. The consultation period ran from 31 October 2016 to 16 January 2017.
All comments received during this period will be considered and used to inform how the plan is taken forward.
If you would like to know more about the GMSF or would like to register an interest in receiving further information and updates about the GMSF as they become available, you can do so at Greater Manchester Combined Authority - Greater Manchester Spatial Framework or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.