Your questions answered
What are the next stages of the GMSF?
- Consultation on the draft GMSF runs from 31 October to 23 December
- The Greater Manchester Combined authority (GMCA) will consider all the comments made and review the proposed policies and proposed site allocations accordingly
- A revised draft plan is currently programmed to be published and consulted on in the summer of 2017, where there will be another opportunity for stakeholders to make comments
- Comments will be considered on this before the plan is submitted to the Government in late 2017
- The Government will appoint a Planning Inspector (s) to consider the plan and a public examination will be held in 2018, where stakeholders will be able to make representations
- The Planning Inspector (s) will make their recommendations, either finding the plan unsound or sound (with or without changes). If found sound, the plan is timetabled to be adopted late 2018.
Have your say
Don't forget that everyone can have a say on the plan as part of the consultation which is open until 16 January 2017. Go to Greater Manchester Combined Authority - Greater Manchester Spatial Framework for more information and to take part in the consultation.