Make small changes now to improve your health
'One You' is the latest health campaign from Public Health England which aims to help adults combat future disease by encouraging them to make small changes to their lifestyle today.
There is only One You... make small changes now to improve your health
Modern life makes it hard to be healthy. Whether we are eating the wrong things, drinking more than we should, continuing to smoke, or not being active enough, all of these things add up.
These habits could make it harder to keep up with your kids or that your jeans are a bit tighter. More seriously, they increase the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
Take the 5 minute One You quiz
One You reminds you that your health matters. Start the fight to health by taking the free online health quiz, 'How Are You', which provides personalised recommendations and directs you to free tools and offers to help you take action.
Top tips for a healthier lifestyle
Here are Public Health England's top tips for making a change.
- Eat well - a healthy diet can help you look and feel great
- Move more - getting enough exercise means a stronger, fitter you
- Be smoke free - no surprises here - stopping is the best thing you can do
- Drink less - cutting back on booze is good for your health and your wallet
- Check yourself - check your body's most important systems are all running smoothly with a free NHS Health Check
- Stress less - relaxing helps you feel good and function well
- Sleep better - it's important to get a good night's sleep
- One you apps - is a series of free apps available to download to help you keep on track.
The Lifestyle Service
The Lifestyle Service provides free personalised support to help with making changes to improve your health and lifestyle.
The services operates from a variety of venues across Bury, including community centres, children's centres and GP surgeries.
For more information on how the service can help you: