Health and wellbeing campaigns
'One You' is the latest health campaign from Public Health England which aims to help adults combat future disease by encouraging them to make small changes to their lifestyle today.
One You reminds you that your health matters. Start the fight to health by taking the free online health quiz, 'How Are You', which provides personalised recommendations and directs you to free tools and offers to help you take action.
Top tips for a healthier lifestyle
Here are Public Health England's top tips for making a change.
- Eat well - a healthy diet can help you look and feel great
- Move more - getting enough exercise means a stronger, fitter you
- Be smoke free - no surprises here - stopping is the best thing you can do
- Drink less - cutting back on booze is good for your health and your wallet
- Check yourself - check your body's most important systems are all running smoothly with a free NHS Health Check
- Stress less - relaxing helps you feel good and function well
- Sleep better - it's important to get a good night's sleep
One you apps - is a series of free apps available to download to help you keep on track
Change4Life is a campaign aimed at preventing childhood obesity. Obesity is a major risk factor in many life-threatening and long-term conditions, including type 2 diabetes, heart disease, strokes and cancer. Change4Life aims to improve those health behaviours, such as poor diet and lack of physical activity which can lead to obesity, particularly in children.
Visit the Change4Life website for advice, hints, tips and offers.