Bag2School textile recycling
Don't trash it. Cash it!
Donate your unwanted textiles to save money, help the environment and raise funds for local schools.
We are working in partnership with Bag2School to help increase textile recycling and raise funds for local schools. Bag2School is a business specialising in collecting unwanted textiles in good condition to sell to export markets worldwide.
Sort through your cupboards, drawers and wardrobes and donate any unwanted textiles in good condition. Drop your bags off at a participating school on the scheduled collection date by 9am. You can use any type of bag.
Which schools are taking part and when will donations be collected?
|Edenfield C of E Primary School||BL0 0HL||13 June 2017|
|Lowercroft CP School, Bury||BL8 2TS||28 June 2017|
Any schools wishing to take part in future collections please phone Talat Afzal, Recycling Officer on 0161 253 6630.
Why recycle your textiles?
- To de-clutter your house of unwanted clothing.
- To help raise valuable funds for your local school.
- To avoid unwanted textiles ending up in rubbish bins.
What type of textiles can be donated?
- Adults' and children's clothing in good condition.
- Shoes in good condition (please tie together to keep them in pairs).
- Accessories such as hats, caps, belts, handbags, backpacks, rucksacks.
- Clean, small soft toys in good condition and costume jewellery.
What type of textiles cannot be donated?
Bedding, curtains and household linen (these can be donated to a local charity shop or taken to a household waste recycling centre instead).