Digital buddy volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to inspire people to use the internet. Every year more people are interested in learning how to get on line. Digital buddies help bridge the gap between getting started and becoming a confident user. They work with people on a one-to-one basis in libraries and digital hubs located in council offices.
We are looking for people with a good all round knowledge of computers, and the enthusiasm to help others gain the skills they need. Ideally we would like you to be able to show people how to:
- browse websites and use a search engine;
- send emails and complete online forms;
- shop online including online banking;
- use Facetime and Skype;
- apply for jobs on line;
- stay safe on line and set up internet security;
- use a tablet or a smart phone;
- use Microsoft Office products such as MS Word and MS Excel.
The form will take about 10 minutes to complete and also asks you to provide a reference from a friend, family member or work colleague.