Bury Employment Support and Training (Bury EST)
Bury Employment Support and Training (Bury EST) is a supported employment agency run by Bury Council.
Bury EST offer support to customers who are eligible for a personal budget (or other funding stream) and are looking to increase their existing skills and confidence levels to enable them to fulfil their potential. This could be to become more independent, develop their skills and experience or move nearer the job market.
Packages of support
Subject to the customer's support plan, Bury EST could develop "packages" of support, tailored to individual's needs to move people forward to achieve desired outcomes. These could be used to source and support customers into areas of meaningful activity. These packages could include:
- Learning daily routines and structures
- Help with independent living (e.g. Travel training)
- Help with completing forms
- Help with safe job searching
- Increasing confidence
- Updating/improving skills
- Work experience / work tasters
- Creating a CV
- Practising interview skills
- Links to further training
- Money management and budgeting skills
- Self care / health training
- Employer site visits
Want to find out more
Please telephone our office and arrange an appointment with our highly experienced Placement Office Team.
Bury EST work to promote independence, increase choice and provide appropriate support to people to enable them to make the most of their abilities.