During very severe weather conditions, when snow or ice may remain for several days, we consider treating some public footways, providing that all our priority gritting routes are clear and we have sufficient resources available.
We give priority to treating pedestrian footways as follows.
- Primary shopping centres.
- Secondary shopping centres.
- Link car parks to primary shopping centres.
- Link car parks to secondary shopping centres
- Public buildings (including offices, leisure centres, libraries, etc).
- Elderly persons homes.
- Safer routes to schools.
- Police stations.
- Health centres (PCT).
- Stairs and inclines leading from subways.