Education and careers for 14 to 19 year olds
Information, advice and guidance for young people aged from 14 to 19 and up to 25 for those children with special educational needs or disabilities is provided by Connexions Bury. The service has achieved the matrix quality standard, a government approved award to organisations that provide a consistently high quality level of independent and impartial information, advice, guidance and support.
Independent advice and guidance on:
- Education - college and university courses including the local offer for children with special educational needs and disabilities
- Free computer facilities to search for jobs, educational courses, producing CV's, careers information and support
- Jobs and training
- Personal development opportunities
Information about the following:
- Drugs and alcohol issues
- Teenage pregnancy and parenting
- Money matters
What to do next
If you need information, advice and guidance on any of the above you can call us to arrange an appointment or to talk to a Personal Adviser, drop in to see a Personal Adviser or email using the contact details shown in the links at the top of the page.
Further useful websites and information
14 to 19 Newsletters
Contact details for the 14 to 19 team can be found within the newsletters
- Newsletter 16 - November 2016 [141kb]
- Newsletter 15 - October 2016 [645kb]
- Newsletter 14 - September 2016 [163kb]
- Newsletter 13 - July 2016 [211kb]
- Newsletter 12 - June 2016 [159kb]
- Newsletter 11 - May 2016 [234kb]
- Newsletter 10 - April 2016 [169kb]
Bury Council has researched a list of alternative provision available to 14-16 year old school pupils. The list is not exhaustive and will be updated on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in any of the provision listed, please contact the provider to find out more about what they offer.
- 14-16 Provision [100kb]
- Raising the participation age - Information about the Government raising the age at which young people need to continue in education or training
ESF NEET Project 2016-18
Bury Council is a delivery partner in the ESF NEET Project coordinated by Career Connect. The project is for young people aged 15-18 and 19-24 if they have a learning difficulty and/or disability. Connexions and Bury, Employment, Support and Training (BEST) will be working with over 300 young people over the life of the project (until March 2018) who are not in education, employment or training or at risk of becoming so. The aim is help young people, particularly those who are vulnerable, to engage in employment, education, traineeships and apprenticeships.
For more information please contact:
- Vilma O'Shea - 0161 253 5983
- Roger Pakeman - 0161 253 7469
European Social Fund income and payments 2013-14 and 2014-15
Bury Council Supply Chain Fees and Charges to be viewed alongside our Fees and Charges Policy 2013-14 and 2014-15 [22kb] - This return shows the income received for the Investing in Young Bury ESF Project and payments to providers for the last two academic years in which the project was operating.