Funding to support children with additional needs
A new Early Years SEND Panel will now meet to review applications, in line with the Schools' SEND Multi Agency Panel thresholds on a 4 weekly basis.
- Referral form for nursery and pre-school SEN support [241kb]
To apply, please complete and return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review Form for nursery and pre-school special educational needs support [451kb]
This document should be prepared before the review meeting and completed with Parents, Reaching Children and Families &/or the Educational Psychologist at the review meeting. It should be emailed to email@example.com
- Proforma for nursery and pre-school special educational needs support funding [492kb] is also available for information.
Panel meeting dates
The dates when the panel will meet and also the deadline date for paperwork to be sent in by:
- 17 November 2016 and paperwork is required by 10 November 2016
- 15 December 2016 and paperwork is required by 8 December 2016
- 19 January 2017 and paperwork is required by 12 January 2017
- 16 February 2017 and paperwork is required by 9 February 2017
- 16 March 2017 and paperwork is required by 9 March 2017
Where possible only Ofsted rated 'good' and 'outstanding' childcare providers will be used to provide childcare funded by the Local Authority. You can access this information through Bury Information Service online childcare search.
Bury Council's childcare brokerage service provides information, advice, guidance and one to one support with childcare issues from both our Family Information Service and our Reaching Children and Families Team. We also offer support to parents and professionals working with families who are experiencing difficulty in finding suitable childcare, particularly for those children with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
To access this support, please contact us. Let us know if you would like us to contact the family directly.