Council Information Points
Council Information Points act as a link between customers and council services in providing easy access at a time and place to suit. We provide a 'first stop' customer enquiry/referral service for customers for all Council and non-Council enquiries.
Libraries have late evening openings and are also open at weekends so we can provide customers with the opportunity of accessing Council services at more convenient times and easier to get to locations.
Some of the services we can help you with
- Taking non-cash payments - on all Council services such as Council Tax, rent, car parking fines, dog fouling fines, library charges i.e. book fines, audio visual loan hire, computer print-outs etc.
- Request a service and/or Report a Problem - submit reports about service requests for things such as bulky waste collection, request a new bin, report any problems with street lighting, potholes, highways, street lighting, dog fouling etc.
- Freephone - so you can contact other council services during normal office hours, such as Six Town Housing, Customer Support & Collection, Planning, etc.
- Council forms - you can hand in completed Council forms and we can also provide assistance if you need help completing Council forms
- Housing and/or Council Tax Benefit - help with making your claim, photocopying and verifying supporting documentation and then forwarding to the appropriate Department
- Active Lifestyle Discount Card - check eligibility and get your discount card to receive discounted rates at Bury leisure centres and library service
These libraries can help with all the services listed above
- Bury Library
- Prestwich Library & Adult Learning Centre
- Radcliffe Library
- Ramsbottom Library & Adult Learning Centre
- Tottington Library
- Unsworth Library
- Whitefield Library & Adult Learning Centre
These libraries can help with all the services listed above except non-cash payments
- Brandlesholme Community Centre and Library
- Coronation Road Community Centre and Library
- Dumers Lane Community Centre and Library
- Moorside Community Centre and Library
- Topping Fold Community Centre & Library
Customers of these libraries can make payments online from a public access computer in the library.