Whitefield Library and Adult Learning Centre
The library offers
- Free computer and internet access
- Access to online resources such as Ancestry, Britannica etc
- Access to eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines
- Self service machines for loan, return and renewal of items
- Meeting/function room hire
- Sensory Unit
- Hearing aid batteries
- Condom dispensing scheme
- Home delivery service
Regular sessions include
- Councillor surgery - please enquire for further details
- Health Visitor - Friday - 9.30am -12.30pm
- Homework club - Mondays and Thursdays 3.30pm - 5.30pm
- Knit and Natter - Tuesday 10am-11am
- Lego Club - first Monday of the month 4.00pm - 5.00pm
- Macular Society - every third Friday 1pm-3.00pm
- PCSOs surgery - please enquire for further details
- Reading Group for Sensory Unit - please enquire for further details
- Reading Groups - please enquire for further details
- Smoking Cessation - Thursday 9.30am-12.30pm
- Story Time - Friday - 10.00am -11.00pm
Council Information Point
Whitefield Library is a Council Information Point - bringing council services closer to home.
See the current Adult Learning course guide for full details of all courses offered here.
The Sensory Unit provides a library and information service plus a wide range of resources to people who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind or partially sighted, and to their families and professionals working on their behalf. Support is provided for individuals to enable them to access education, information and leisure resources.
The unit is staffed by the Sensory Impairment Officer who has British Sign Language (BSL) skills and who is able to offer a range of other communication methods.
- Access for wheelchair users
- Automatic doors
- Disabled toilet
- Hearing loop
- Sensory Unit
Car parking is available at the front of the library, disabled bays available.