Compliments and complaints - Children's Social Care


We are always pleased to hear from people using our services who want to compliment a particular member of staff or the service they receive. We want to know from users of our services what they consider we do well. You can email compliments to or you can send them in writing, see contact us section.

What can I complain about?

You can complain about any services offered by Social Care within the Department of Children Young People and Culture.

If you are not happy, you may want to complain and we will try to resolve your complaint quickly, fairly and confidentially.

The first step you should take is to contact the member of staff with who you have been dealing with and try to sort out with him or her.

Making a complaint

Please do not keep things to yourself when you think something needs to change, stop or you want help getting it sorted.

If you are still unhappy and want to complain, contact a member of the complaints team within the Department of Children Young People and Culture who will help you. See contact us section.

We are committed to providing a good quality and fair service. If we have done something well, we like to share this with other staff so that we can learn from good practice.  However we sometimes make mistakes, and if we do it is important that you let us know. Our aim is to learn from complaints and improve the services we provide for Bury children.

How long will it take?

  1. We will write to you within two working days to tell you how your complaint is being dealt with and who is dealing with it

  2. We aim to respond to your complaint within 10 working days.

  3. If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint you can request an independent investigation.

  4. If you are still not satisfied you can request a review panel looks at how your complaint has been handled.

  5. You can also contact the Local Government Ombudsman