The fees for planning applications are set nationally. Use the Planning Portal's fee calculator to help you work out the cost of your application.
Pre-application enquiry fees
From 1 July 2012 charges where introduced for certain types of pre-application planning advice. From 1 January 2014 the charging regime has been widened to include householder applications and small commercial developments. The charging regime has been changed due to the increasing amount of resources that processing these previously 'free' applications have involved and to ensure that sufficient resources are available for dealing with these in a cost neutral way for the Council tax payers of Bury.
Other planning fees
Our charges from 1 January 2017 are as follows.
- Copy decision notices:
- £33.00 per notice (free to download)
- Copies of correspondence relating to planning applications:
- £12.00 (up to 10 A4 sides) plus 40p per additional A4 side.
- Researching site histories or providing search type information from the planning records and ecological records:
- Cost per hour (or part of) £60.00 per hour domestic use, £90.00 per hour commercial use.
- Administrative fee for processing refund of fees for invalid planning applications (excludes electronic transactions):
- High hedge applications: